Do you have a job opening? Send your listing to: email@example.com
CADD MANAGER (TRANSPORTATION & HIGHWAYS)
Requisition ID: 00120775
Job Posting: Aug 8, 2017, 8:07:34 AM
Closing Date: Sep 8, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Full-time Shift Start Time: 8:30 A.M. Shift End Time: 4:30 P.M.
Posting Salary: $3090.56 BI-WEEKLY
Organization: Offices Under the President
Under the supervision of the Bureau Chief of Design in the Transportation and Highway Department, manages the Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) Division and supervises the CADD Operators I, II and III’s. Performs a variety of tasks which includes preparing technical drafts, working plans and detailed drawings for engineers. Prepares exhibits and maps for presentations, sketches and/or surveys. Performs mathematical calculations; maintains CADD details and standards; assembles and files engineering office and field data related to drafting work. Utilizes computer aided design and drafting skills. Performs other duties as assigned.
*This position is actively recruited and at will
· Possession of a High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate SUPPLEMENTED WITH eight (8) years of full-time practical work experience in a civil engineering work environment is required. (Must provide proof at time of interview)*
· Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate’s Degree in Computer Aided Drafting and Design SUPPLEMENTED WITH six (6) years of full-time practical work experience in a civil engineering work environment is required. (Must provide original college/university transcript at time of interview)*
· Four (4) years of full-time work experience supervising CADD Operators is required.
*Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States’ territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
Knowledge and understanding of civil engineering practices, techniques, and terminology. Working knowledge of Illinois Department of Transportation’s (IDOT’s) Computer Aided Drafting and Design standards, procedures, and deliverable policies. Knowledge of state standard specifications for road and bridge construction. Knowledge of ArcGIS. Skill in the use and configuration of Micro Station, GEOPAK and ProjectWise. Ability to stay abreast of software upgrade and abilities, industry trends, and new technology and best practices as required to be at the cutting edge of the transportation engineering field. Ability to organize and maintain the CADD environment/workspace. Ability to keep current with Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) updates. Ability to analyze, evaluate and compile information required for the preparation of maps and/or plans. Ability to supervise professional and sub-professional workers assigned to projects. Ability to read and interpret complex and detailed data. Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions. Ability to work and communicate well with others on technical matters.
The duties listed are not set forth for purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under a job title or those to be performed temporarily outside an employee's normal line of work.
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
· Basic Term Life Insurance
· Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Program
· Employee Assistance Program
· Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
· You May Qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link:
*Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
*This position requires successful completion of post-offer tests, which may include a background check, drug screen and medical examination.
COOK COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER